× Members

FAILED PIP MR

More
7 years 8 months ago #166791 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic FAILED PIP MR

sharona46 wrote: Hi Gordon,

The 7 days are up now for the DWP to respond to the Court for a second time so now they are barred from my case. The Clerk at Court said they will now write to me with a new hearing date to be held by phone. I hope I can hear them ok as my hearing is not too good. I would rather DWP have offered me an enhanced award at the last minute so I don't have to appeal as my anxiety gets the better of me. I will ask my GP to give me something to slow me down a bit so my panic buttons don't go off. How does this look to you Gordon? Thanks as always.

I think it is the best that it could be, you will still have to explain why you meet the criteria for an award, so when you get a date, spend some time familiarising yourself with what you have written in your PIP2 and attached evidence.

Best of luck

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: sharona46

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 8 months ago #166795 by sharona46
Replied by sharona46 on topic FAILED PIP MR
My Occupational Health letter is dated August 16 and my application for PIP was in October 15. Would DWP ignore this letter please Gordon due to the later date?

The Judge did point out to DWP that all of my disabilities which the OT is giving me aids for were all there well before October 15 so this letter should be used to help me score more points.

I did ask my GP to refer me last year but I think she forgot or I somehow was lost in the system. Thanks Gordon.

More
7 years 8 months ago #166798 by Gordon

sharona46 wrote: My Occupational Health letter is dated August 16 and my application for PIP was in October 15. Would DWP ignore this letter please Gordon due to the later date?

The Judge did point out to DWP that all of my disabilities which the OT is giving me aids for were all there well before October 15 so this letter should be used to help me score more points.

I did ask my GP to refer me last year but I think she forgot or I somehow was lost in the system. Thanks Gordon.

Either they will of they won't, you may be asked about so prepare an explanation of why it is still applicable.

The key date is when you were assessed not when you first applied for PIP.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: sharona46

More
7 years 8 months ago #166886 by sharona46
Hi Gordon, the DWP called me today and explained that as it is being treated as urgent they have told the Court that the HP who did my assessment back in February had no comment or explanation as to why I was given zero points and that my case is being looked at by an assessor right now. They will call me very soon to let me know the outcome, they said that the next Court hearing will lapse.

More
7 years 8 months ago #166899 by Gordon

sharona46 wrote: Hi Gordon, the DWP called me today and explained that as it is being treated as urgent they have told the Court that the HP who did my assessment back in February had no comment or explanation as to why I was given zero points and that my case is being looked at by an assessor right now. They will call me very soon to let me know the outcome, they said that the next Court hearing will lapse.

They can't lapse the appeal unless they make a more advantageous Decision, which they don't seem to have done, even if they do you still have a further right of appeal.

Gordon

More
7 years 8 months ago #166902 by sharona46
Ok, yes and I will keep you updated as I like to do. Thank you Gordon, you all do such a fantastic job being here for us all, I would be lost without you! Fingers crossed now for the best outcome and to lay it to rest for a while.
The following user(s) said Thank You: slugsta

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris