× Members

Health Assessment (my journey) :-(

More
5 years 2 months ago #224997 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Health Assessment (my journey) :-(
Stressed

You need to look at these comments in parallel to the relevant ESA activities.

1. It does not matter whether it was a couch or an examination table, the test is whether you can sit (or stand) at a workstation, so if you remained on the table throughout the assessment then you will not score.

2. It's worth your mentioning what actually happened.

3. This implies that you have reasonable grip and possibly that you would have no problem moving objects.

4. Explain the difficulties you had but remember the ESA test is 50m so it's more important to understand why she thought you could mobilise further.

5. You need to look at what conclusions she has derived from this, ESA does not consider your ability to wash and bathe.

6. This is more about your ability to mix with other people but it will also come back to your being able to sit or stand for a prologued time.

I'm sorry to repeat myself but this is about you going back to the Descriptors to understand the criteria you need to meet in order to score. Once you have done this then you can argue against the assessor's conclusions by either; showing that they are not supported by the evidence available or that they did not explore your problems in sufficient depth to understand why you meet the criteria, using a wheelchair as an example.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: Stressed

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
5 years 2 months ago #225014 by Stressed
Replied by Stressed on topic Health Assessment (my journey) :-(
Thanks again for all your help

I have looked at the Descriptors and a lot of them do seem to apply I'm starting to think it's all in the wording (something I'm struggling with).

There wasn't any mandatory reconsideration form in with the report so I'm guessing I need to just write one out myself.

Is there a pm system on the forum I could use to send you a copy of what I have written to see if you think it's ok?

More
5 years 2 months ago #225018 by Gordon
Stressed

Yes, the wording is important.

There's a templated letter to request an MR in the ESA MR & Appeals submission document.

I'm afraid there is no PM system in the forum.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: Stressed

More
5 years 2 months ago #225024 by Stressed

Gordon wrote: Stressed

Yes, the wording is important.

There's a templated letter to request an MR in the ESA MR & Appeals submission document.

I'm afraid there is no PM system in the forum.

Gordon

Thanks again

Yes I've seen the template letter but it doesn't seem to contain much.

Would I just add my own letter with it ?

And should I write the letter like I did when I was explaining to you what was wrong (1., 2., 3., 4,....etc) any put the key points exactly how they have written it in the report , but then explain why I disagree with them?

Also I've been thinking about applying for PIP. Would I do that As well as the MR?

More
5 years 2 months ago #225032 by Gordon
Stressed

See my answer in this post for ideas to complete the MR request.

www.benefitsandwork.co.uk/forum?view=top...5068&start=24#225031

If you think that you meet the criteria for an award of PIP then there is no reason why to cannot apply now. See our PIP Claim guide for the criteria that you would need to meet

www.benefitsandwork.co.uk/help-for-claimants/pip

Gordon

The following user(s) said Thank You: Stressed, Cat in a hat

More
5 years 2 months ago #225058 by Stressed

Gordon wrote: Stressed

See my answer in this post for ideas to complete the MR request.

www.benefitsandwork.co.uk/forum?view=top...5068&start=24#225031

If you think that you meet the criteria for an award of PIP then there is no reason why to cannot apply now. See our PIP Claim guide for the criteria that you would need to meet

www.benefitsandwork.co.uk/help-for-claimants/pip

Gordon

Thanks Gordon

From looking at your link its seems like i should mention the Descriptors then mention what the assesor has wrote, then i should write what i think is wrong with it (or how the assessor has misinterpreted) and how i really find doing the task.

Does that seem right?

There are so many resources to get through on here that it can get a little overwhelming but we have been doing or best to try and read as much of the guides as possible, but in reading more it seems to open more questions.

Ive been reading the MR in the ESA MR & Appeals submission document. and it mentions the ESA Sample Submissions.

The Examples in the sample submissions are very good and seem like i would be able to edit them for my needs.

Would i send this with my MR ?

If so would this be the list of thing i would need to send with my MR.

1. The MR template modified with my details.

2. The sample submissions template attached to the MR detailing the Descriptors i disagree with in the report.

3. The assessment report I've just been Sent.

4. A letter from my partner explaining hope i cope and how she helps me with day to day living.

Does this also all sound correct?

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.