× Members

Health Assessment (my journey) :-(

More
5 years 1 month ago #226875 by Stressed
Replied by Stressed on topic Health Assessment (my journey) :-(
Thanks Gordon

So I don't call ESA until they have acknowledged my claim?

Yes your correct, not only wouldn't I be able to sit in a wheelie, I wouldn't be able to propel myself without being in pain.

I have explained all this and they even acknowledge that I couldn't sit in a chair. But they look at this as a positive by saying that I was able to prop myself up against the examination bed for 50 minutes and only adjusted myself a few times.

I really don't know what else I can say or send with my appeal that I've not already done :(

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
5 years 1 month ago #226878 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Health Assessment (my journey) :-(
Stressed

Yes, but that is relevant to a different Descriptor not Moving Around.

It's important to understand that those that assessed you often lack imagination, so your standing and sitting is relevant to a different Descriptor, what they have been able to see is that your inability to sit, which they appear to have acknowledged is actually relevant to your using a wheelchair as well,

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: Stressed

More
5 years 1 month ago #226889 by Stressed
I actually mentioned all this in my MR . There we a few things that the assessor agreed with in her report but then contradicted herself by saying I could do something else in another descriptor, and I mentioned them all in my MR but the person that has agreed with the assessment has continued to side with the assessor.

Can you think if anything else I will need to send with my appeal or do I just send the appeal form on its own?

More
5 years 1 month ago #226900 by Gordon
Stressed

At this time all you need to send is the form, when you have sight of all the papers used in the Decision you can decide whether you need to add more.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
5 years 1 month ago #226947 by Stressed
I've looked at our guide, the sscs1 form and their guide on filling it in and they all seem to say something slightly different on what to put in the box for "grounds for appeal".

Some say to keep it brief and others say to go into detail as it's the first thing the tribunal see.

So do you think it would be a good idea to write "see attached letter " and add a letter contain parts of the sample in the guide and then a few parts from other things I've sent in (My mr for example) explaining about the wheelchair....etc ?

It also seems that they prefer us to do the appeal online but I think I'll send in the form.

More
5 years 1 month ago #226948 by Gordon
Stressed

I am not a great fan of splitting your information for the appeal it creates an opportunity for you to provide confusing or contrary information.

So my recommendation is to either complete the SSCS1 in detail or attach a letter OR provide a basic SSCS1 and make a submission once you receive the DWP's one.

Gordon

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.