× Members

Health Assessment (my journey) :-(

More
5 years 1 month ago #226982 by HAZEL
Replied by HAZEL on topic Health Assessment (my journey) :-(
Hi stressed. This sounds exactly like my PIP assessment ! I suffer from anxiety and depression and my MR said I made good eye contact , was able to manage a bank account , was able to spell words backwards etc etc. I said WE had a bank account , was never asked to spell any words backwards or even forwards. I too scored nil points . I am at present waiting for a tribunal date. Good luck
The following user(s) said Thank You: Stressed

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
5 years 1 month ago #227496 by Stressed
Replied by Stressed on topic Health Assessment (my journey) :-(

HAZEL wrote: Hi stressed. This sounds exactly like my PIP assessment ! I suffer from anxiety and depression and my MR said I made good eye contact , was able to manage a bank account , was able to spell words backwards etc etc. I said WE had a bank account , was never asked to spell any words backwards or even forwards. I too scored nil points . I am at present waiting for a tribunal date. Good luck

I'm sorry to hear that you are going through something similar hazel , I wouldn't wish this on anyone.

It's amazing the way they twist thing and say things that didn't happen.

Good luck at your tribunal (I've opted for a paper one) keep us updated.

More
5 years 1 month ago #227497 by Stressed

Gordon wrote: Stressed

I am not a great fan of splitting your information for the appeal it creates an opportunity for you to provide confusing or contrary information.

So my recommendation is to either complete the SSCS1 in detail or attach a letter OR provide a basic SSCS1 and make a submission once you receive the DWP's one.

Gordon

Thanks again

I did as you said and kept it all in the form.

Today I recived a letter from the tribunal acknowledging that they have received my appeal form and have sent a request to to dwp.

Is it still too soon to ask to have my ESA reinstated at assessment rate?

More
5 years 1 month ago #227506 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Health Assessment (my journey) :-(
Stressed

You need to leave it about a week for the letter from the date of the letter to get to the right office in the DWP, then you should contact the office dealing with your claim.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
5 years 1 month ago #227866 by Stressed

Gordon wrote: Stressed

You need to leave it about a week for the letter from the date of the letter to get to the right office in the DWP, then you should contact the office dealing with your claim.

Gordon

I recived a text message from the DWP saying they have recived notification of my appeal from the tribunal and they will be sending myself and the tribunal their report.

So I contacted ESA today to ask them what I need to do to have my ESA reinstated at assessment rate and after them trying to convince me to claim UC they asked me to send in the med 3 and to have it dated from when my ESA was stopped (as Gordon said).

I asked them if the ESA will be back dated from the date it stopped and they said that it would only be back dated from when they received the appeal from the tribunal :(

More
5 years 1 month ago #227900 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Health Assessment (my journey) :-(
Stressed

Don't worry about their last comment it's unlikely that the call centre staff would know that you had already requested an appeal and that the DWP had acknowledged receiving It.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.