× Members

Unexpected PIP review form received.

More
2 years 11 months ago #258959 by phrank
Unexpected PIP review form received. was created by phrank
Hi there,

Unexpectedly, I have just received a PIP review package.

I had my award extended to March 2022 but I'm not totally surprised at getting this as I understand from reading the forum it is happening to other people. Anyway, it doesn't have to be with the DWP for three months, which is fine.

On the letter it says that when I was awarded PIP in 2016 that they would write to me before to see if any of my needs had changed etc etc.

Now my last review was in June 2018?

My main question is is this a typo or have they lost my records?

Obviously I need to know as when I fill in the form I want to quote from my previous review notes and update them from these.

Also it isn't the tick box one I filled in last time. Do I need to treat this form any differently?

The reason I ask is I am planning to keep it as brief as possible and at the same time give them all the relevant details. (I did waffle on a lot with the last review form which did add to my stress).

Any feedback would be greatly appreciated.

Kind regards,

Phrank.

PS I did post a version of this on Friday but it looks like it went into cyberspace.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
2 years 11 months ago #258975 by Catherine
Replied by Catherine on topic Unexpected PIP review form received.
Hello phrank,

I think a quick phone call to the DWP should resolve the 2016 / 2018 issue.

However, if I remember correctly from a previous post of yours you are approaching State Pension age. This means that it is important to get the best possible outcome to this review as you can. Any mobility component you are given can never be increased once you pass that magic age, although it is possible to be awarded an increase in daily living.

Therefore I would urge to not be overly brief, make sure that you tell them about all aspects of your daily living and mobility which are impacted by your condition(s). I tackle these review forms almost as a new application since in my opinion painting a fuller picture of your life and giving them as much evidence as possible can only help your case (provided it is consistent). There is a whole section on PIP reviews in our PIP guide on page 109.

The first link on this page - PIP resources

I hope this helps a little, and does not add to your stress. Please do come back to us if you wish,
Catherine

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
2 years 11 months ago #258978 by phrank
Replied by phrank on topic Unexpected PIP review form received.
HI Catherine,

Thank you for your reply. Yes, I will reach state pension age early next year.

I will try to make sure I include everything that is appropriate on the form, but am really trying to avoid a face to face appointment.

The main reason for this is my last assessment was a nightmare.

To keep it brief: I almost took an overdose after reading the assessors report it was so wrong. I complained to Atos, my local MP got quite involved and I put a formal complain to the Nursing and Midwifery Council.

They tried to talk me out of pulling out but the thought of travelling to a big strange city to testify was too much.

I am so scared that the same person may assess me again. I would have to walk out if that were the case.

I ddn't know whether to send a note about this with the new form to remind them what had happened.

Incidentally I did win my MR.

Regards,

Phrank.

More
2 years 11 months ago #258986 by BIS
Replied by BIS on topic Unexpected PIP review form received.
Hi Phrank

I'm sorry you had such a horrendous assessment last time. Although face to face assessments have resumed they are only on a limited basis and you may still find that you are given a telephone assessment.

I can understand your fear of facing the same assessor. In your case - yes, I would add a note that you do not wish to be assessed by X (face to face or on the telephone) because of your past experience.

BIS

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
2 years 11 months ago #258989 by phrank
Hi Bis,

Thanks for your reply. Yes I will do as you suggest and say I do not want to be assessed by the same assessor as last time (if they haven't got rid of the person in question).

My last assessment thread was a bumper one and went on weeks and weeks. I got expert advice from the mods and forum members were really supportive and I got lots of advice from them, too.

I have a feeling this new thread could turn out to be a long one.

Regards,

Phrank.
The following user(s) said Thank You: BIS

More
2 years 11 months ago #258999 by phrank
Hi there,

I phoned the DWP who clarified that they have my records from my last review in 2018 and to ignore what it said about my last review in 2016.

I was told, for what it's worth, that looking at my details if little had changed I would more than likely have my review paper-based.

The person I spoke to said looking at my past experience they would never let me have the same person assess me if it did ever get to that which again I was told was doubtful.

I don't know who I spoke to but they did sound rather authorative and in the know.

I'm not daft enough to get complacent, though and will cross all the t's and dot the i's so to speak in order to get my poi t accross.

I do have a couple of queries:

I have copies of all my GP and ANP support letters stretching back over 11 years. They are all consistent in what they say and say my problems are lifelong ones.

I also have a copy of ans ESA tribunal decision letter which again highlights my problems and is consistent with the letters. I know ESA is different but would it hurt to send this as well?

I look forward to any feedback.

Kind regards,

Phrank.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.