× Members

Unexpected PIP review form received.

More
2 years 11 months ago #259649 by phrank
Replied by phrank on topic Unexpected PIP review form received.
Hi there,

Just a thought. Presuming my current review is successful, as I will
reach pension age early next year, will it possibly be an ongoing award or is that too much to ask?

Here's hoping,

Regards,

Phrank.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
2 years 11 months ago #259653 by Mrs Dottie
Replied by Mrs Dottie on topic Unexpected PIP review form received.
I feel for you, and of course anyone in this situation. There is no doubt reviews exacerbates our conditions. We can effectively become worse with all the stress that comes with it.

For me it was being sick after eating (I mean toast!)......as that's all I could manage.

A couple of years ago my GP wrote a letter to ESA to keep me in support group. When I went for the assessment, the nurse had read the letter from my GP. So, from my point of view, the DWP are not all awful.

Unless the woman who rang me was great at the job, relaxing claimants to trick them!!

You could call me an optimistic pessimist!!!

When I get the letter ( and envelopes are now white) where I live........I will post my result........

If any of this helps to ease your anxiety then it's worth posting........

More
2 years 11 months ago #259663 by Catherine
Replied by Catherine on topic Unexpected PIP review form received.
Hello Phrank,

The length of your new award will still be based on what they think the chances are of your condition changing within the next ten years (the maximum time between reviews). There has to be a possibility, but it would be unfair of me to raise your hopes too high since if I remember correctly your last award was only given for 2 years. If I was you I would fear the worse whilst hoping for something better.

Catherine

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
2 years 11 months ago #259665 by phrank
Replied by phrank on topic Unexpected PIP review form received.
Thanks Catherine,

I should have added that I have two letters that say my condition is lifelong from two different healthcare professioals. Also my previous award was for three years.

Regards,

Phrank.

More
2 years 11 months ago #259698 by Rob
Replied by Rob on topic Unexpected PIP review form received.

PIP review :-
I too got the extension letter until 2022, then at the end of April bosh, in came the review form!

After days I posted it on 7 May in along with 3/4" of copies dating back years, as the were all pertinent to me today. In my opinion it demonstrates that your ailments are not just a flash in the pan. Had it all recorded, was only an extra £1.80, again well worth it.

That's great news to hear and read, as it gives hope that they are finally beginning to get true human beings in place, when it is most needed.

So, you had the review form, having had a previous award and of which you would have sent a big chunk of the same evidence in for the previous awarded claim, but also sent same copies in again with your review too?

I'm just deciding whether to send all the same previous evidence that went in for my last award, plus anything new of course in the last 3-years?

Many thanks in advance.

More
2 years 11 months ago #259703 by Catherine
Replied by Catherine on topic Unexpected PIP review form received.
Hi Rob,

For what it is worth if there is doubt about whether or not to send a particular piece of evidence in I always err on the side of including. I did on one occasion, when there was almost literally reams of stuff previous sent in, refrain from including it again, but list everything which the client had included before.

e.g.
Evidence submitted with previous PIP forms
1 Jan 2000 Letter from psychiatrist detailing treatment plan
2 Feb 2001 Discharge letter from hospital

Hope this helps
Catherine

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.