× Members

Unexpected PIP review form received.

More
2 years 11 months ago #259320 by phrank
Replied by phrank on topic Unexpected PIP review form received.
Hi wll,

Just to say my PIP review form plus all the supporting evidence is just about to be given the final once over before posting.

My dilemma is: I have nearly two months to send it in it. Are there any advantages in posting it now or am I better off waiting to send it nearerer the end date?

Leaving it as long as possible does at least mean I will get paid until then but I'm keen to get a result ASAP.

Any feedback would be appreciated.

Regards,

Phrank.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
2 years 11 months ago #259327 by Gary
Replied by Gary on topic Unexpected PIP review form received.
Hi phrank

We have not heard one way or the other on the forum so I cannot tell you if you would be better off waiting.

I personally would send it off when it is completed and I am satisfied with the contents, also if you have recent supporting documents it will tie in with the date you returned the form.

It can be less stressful sending it in early, just check with Royal mail that it has been delivered and signed for.

Gary

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
2 years 11 months ago #259344 by phrank
Hi Gary,

Thanks for getting back to me. That was my way of thinking, so I think I just needed that 'push' to get on with it.

Yes, I'll send it guaranteed next fay delivery. Quite expensive but peace of mind.

Regards,

Phrank.

More
2 years 11 months ago #259532 by phrank
Hi there,

I fianally posted my completed PIP renewal package today complete with supporting evidence from my GP and other health professionals.

I sent it special delivery so it should be there tomorrow.

Right, so I might get a speedy response in a couple of weeks or I may have to wait until Christmas for a verdict.

I'll keep you updated as the process goes on.

Regards,

Phrank.
The following user(s) said Thank You: BIS

More
2 years 11 months ago #259560 by Mrs Dottie
Replied by Mrs Dottie on topic Unexpected PIP review form received.
PIP review :-
I too got the extension letter until 2022, then at the end of April bosh, in came the review form!

After days I posted it on 7 May in along with 3/4" of copies dating back years, as the were all pertinent to me today. In my opinion it demonstrates that your ailments are not just a flash in the pan. Had it all recorded, was only an extra £1.80, again well worth it.

Yesterday ( 19 May) around 5pm an 0800 number rang my phone. Nearly ignored it, but didn't for some reason. It was a lady from DWP to talk to me about my PIP. We had a half our call, and, it felt like having a chat with a friend. At then end I asked will I still be getting PIP, Yes she said. You'll get in in writing in about 2 weeks.

Coming off the phone I started to have doubts as she was so kind. Consequently, worrying that she was so nice. So, now I feel more relaxed as it has all happened quite quickly. So now awaiting her decision.

I hope this helps with anyone waiting for a call. Mine was completely out of the blue.

I am by no means sitting back on my laurels, as she could have been a very good communicator able to extract information!!!

If anyone is interested, I will post the outcome.....good or bad!!
The following user(s) said Thank You: BIS, Gary

More
2 years 11 months ago #259594 by phrank
HI Bosley,

Sounds like a good outcome - and so quick! Yes, please let us know what happens.

As for mine: it was signed for the early hours of this morning (19th of May).

The ANP from my practice wrote that she thought a face to face, or even a phone assessment, would be inappropriate for me so am not sure how much 'weight' this will carry.

She also put my problems were 'lifelong' as did my GP in an earlier letter I've also included.

I just hope I get a paper-based assessment.

Regards,

Phrank.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.