× Members

Unexpected PIP review form received.

More
2 years 11 months ago #259728 by Mrs Dottie
Replied by Mrs Dottie on topic Unexpected PIP review form received.
I work on the premise that the person reading your review knows nothing about you.

So, I sent older copies of reports that were still pertinent to me now.

This past year we didn't have a lot to send. Even so, I sent copies of proposed treatments that have been on hold.......

I am no expert........and as I said before, I am by no means sitting back and not concerned........the lady from DWP was really nice.......I got tearful.....whether that was good or not, it happened, and it was from my heart. I didn't know she was calling. It was out of the blue she rang..........

Watch this space and I will post the outcome.....

One thing I have noticed on the websites is that there is so much negativity. I would like to promote positive responses, so people will not worry so much.

It breaks my heart reading some horror stories!!.........
The following user(s) said Thank You: Tenja, denby, Catherine, janeyj

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
2 years 11 months ago #259760 by phrank
Replied by phrank on topic Unexpected PIP review form received.
Hi there,

As I posted previously, I posted my PIP review package off on Tuesday (18/5/21).

Today, unexpectedly, I have recieved a referral letter from my local Older Adult Community Mental Health Team which was instigated by my GP.

They say they will be in touch in due course.

The question is: is it worth popping a copy into the post on Monday?

I'm not sure how much value it will add to my review package or even any at all.

Any advice would be appreciated.

Regards,

Phrank.

More
2 years 11 months ago #259773 by Catherine
Replied by Catherine on topic Unexpected PIP review form received.
Hi phrank,

I would do so, it does show that thinks are ongoing, and you never know, it might just tip the balance.

Catherine

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
2 years 11 months ago #259776 by phrank
Replied by phrank on topic Unexpected PIP review form received.
Hi Catherine,

I will do. Thanks for that. I will also include a copy of a hospital discharge letter from around 18 months ago when I was taken in with very high blood pressure.

I self discharged as it was so stressful. The letter does give the diagnosis as highpertension and the reason as chronic severe anxiety

I am fine with that now by the way, medication sorted it out.

Regards,

Phrank.

More
2 years 11 months ago #259832 by Mrs Dottie
Pfrank

Further to my last comment on timescales and sending evidence I got my award letter today. 24/5/21.

To recap, they received my bundle on 7/5/21, an unscheduled phone call from DWP on 18/5/21.

The woman ( Barbara) couldn't have been nicer. As I said before it was more like a chat with a friend. She was so empathetic. She was chatting to me about her daughter in Dubai!

She has extended my award until May 2027!!! But, maybe get a phone call after May 2026. I am more than thrilled!

I learned from this site the sort of answers they are looking for.....for example.....I can do it "but" it will wear me out and I need to rest. But, very careful not to use the same examples given by B&W.

She has awarded my Enhanced for both.......

I hope this helps you and try not to worry. There are so many scary stories out there, but everyone seems to post worries and problems. Nobody seems to tell a good story!!

All in all, I am over the moon.......by 2027 I should be retired, so I think that means if I'm still getting PIP when I retire, it will continue.
Please someone correct me if I'm wrong.

So chin up, head up.....they are not all ogres!!!!!

I also wish everyone the best of luck.....I could cry, with relief!!.........X
The following user(s) said Thank You: Catherine, Gary, Angel

More
2 years 11 months ago #259833 by Mrs Dottie
I would send it recorded if it were me.......NI number and all your details......as Catherine said.......it could tip the balance.

The lady that called me out of the blue referred to stuff from 2013, as they were still relevant today, and also demonstrates this is not a flash in the pan illness or disability........

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.