× Members

Unexpected PIP review form received.

More
2 years 11 months ago #259015 by Catherine
Replied by Catherine on topic Unexpected PIP review form received.
Hi phrank,

Well that is all sounding encouraging. Only you can decide whether or not to send in old evidence. Although generally the more evidence you send the better, I also take the view that there is little point sending in three letters all of which state the same thing, although I would send each letter which states that they consider your problems to be lifelong.

And a big yes to sending in the copy of your ESA tribunal decision. The Upper Tribunal has made it clear that in areas where there is a cross over between the awards, decisions for one award can/should be considered for another.

Hope this helps,
Catherine

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
2 years 11 months ago #259023 by phrank
Replied by phrank on topic Unexpected PIP review form received.
Hello there Catherine,

Thank you so much for your very encouraging reply.

I think I know how I'm going to tackle this now the cloud has lifted a little thanks to your help.

I may send it in earlier than I first anticipated but won't be hasty and I'll make sure the whole package sounds right and all matches up.

Thanks so much and I will keep you updated as the journey goes on.

Kindest regards,

Phrank.

More
2 years 11 months ago #259047 by phrank
Hi there,

Given my anxiety levels which have gone through the roof since I got my review pack on Friday, I've asked my GP if they will update a letter with a request for a paper faced assessment.

I have't heard back yet but will keep you posted.

Regards,

Phrank.

More
2 years 11 months ago #259059 by Catherine
Replied by Catherine on topic Unexpected PIP review form received.
Hi phrank,

That sounds not only like a pretty good plan but a wise one too. If you your GP is willing to say that a face to face assessment will cause you ‘overwhelming psychological distress’, they should at the very least take the request very seriously.

Catherine

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
2 years 11 months ago #259066 by phrank
Hi Catherine,

Thanks for your reply. I just though it was worth asking. Have not heard anything yet but when/if I do I will let you know.

As they say, if you don't ask you don't get!

Kind regards,

Phrank.

More
2 years 11 months ago #259171 by phrank
Hi there,

Does anyone have any idea of the time frame for PIP review decisions that are paper-based? Also the same for telephone reassessments?

I look forward to any feedback.

Kind regards,

Phrank.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.