× Members

Letter received from DWP re PIP review.

More
5 years 2 weeks ago #228986 by Loubylou
Letter received from DWP re PIP review. was created by Loubylou
Hi Gordon,
I’ll keep it short and sweet.
When applied for pip 2 years ago, turned down, based on a paper review, missing 1 point but on accessing assessors report the DM had not calculated it properly, this was confirmed by the HP and it was sorted out. Payments were backdated.
Received a review form on Xmas eve 2018, returned recorded post on the 9th January 2019.
18th of March received txt from DWP to say they had received my form. This is 5 weeks since posting just to give other forum members an idea of timescales.
Problem was, in October my GP had referred me to the Psychiatric team in my area in November 2018, and was made aware there was a long waiting list. When I completed my review form I stated that I had been referred, however had no name or dates to put on my form.
My 1st telephone appointment was on the 7th of March, when I spoke to her again I explained I had this txt from the DWP, she told me to contact them and give them her details, which I did.
I then received a letter from DWP on the 26th March stating “ One of our health professionals has looked at the information you sent to the DWP. We’re writing to let you know that we’ve asked for further information from people involved in your treatment or care”.

Thats fine, and I welcome them contacting her, however..... she is off on annual leave for two weeks and on my last conversation with her on the 4/4/2019, she still hadn’t heard anything from them.
The DWP wrote on same letter “ if we don’t get this information, or we still have questions , we might need to see you for a F2F consultation.

My worry is, they will try and do so when she is on annual leave, they won’t give her the timescales they allow themselves.
My other worry is I’ve only had a few meetings with this lady and we haven’t covered everything, although she has a pretty good understanding.
Previously the DWP phoned my CBT therapist and asked 2 questions only, what my prescription list was (which he told them he could not answer, they would need to contact my GP) and if I could attend a F2F which he said no. However, a paper assessment was created by the DWP, with them explaining they had a great in depth conversation with my CBT. He helped me write a complaint debunking their lies.
My worry is they will do the same again despite this nurse being willing to speak to them, however if she is on holiday, they are just going to say she never returned their call and make their own mind up! Can they do this? Do you know if they give proper health professionals a date to return calls or paperwork etc?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
5 years 2 weeks ago #229007 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Letter received from DWP re PIP review.
Loubylou

Is this Nurse willing to write something to the Assessment Provider? Would they do this before they go on holiday for you to pass on?

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: Loubylou

More
5 years 2 weeks ago #229012 by Loubylou
Replied by Loubylou on topic Letter received from DWP re PIP review.
Thanks, I’ll try and phone her before she goes on holiday.

More
4 years 11 months ago #229783 by Loubylou
Hi Gordon,
The 1st chance I had to speak to my CPN was the 26/04, she told me she had not heard from the dwp at all (a month has passed since they sent the letter saying they would contact her). I called AIS the next day to enquire (brave but the waiting was driving me crazy) to my horror, the call handler told me on the 26/03 the HP had contacted my old CBT from 2017, he had dutifully called back and explained I was no longer under his care, which is correct. He was not listed on my review form and my Psychiatric nurse and all her details were, he then tried to book me there and then for an assessment as he said they did not receive the info they require! Well no wonder when you don’t contact the correct person! This was on Saturday so couldn’t confirm with them that they definitely had the correct details, called this morning and they confirmed they did indeed have the correct information and they had no idea why they would contact someone from 2017, I informed IAS I would be making a complaint, which I have done today and sent recorded delivery. I also contacted my CPN to explain what has happened and she is more than willing to speak with them, I can’t believe they have got it so wrong a second time? I believe they have not read my review form at all, what else can I do?

More
4 years 11 months ago #229808 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Letter received from DWP re PIP review.
Loubylou

Was the CPN willing to put anything in writing for you?

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
4 years 11 months ago #229834 by Loubylou
Hi Gordon,

Yes she said she would if they contacted her, she called me earlier to say she had received a phone call from them today and she had a discussion with them, I’m now even more worried, she simply said I explained how your condition affects you but didn’t elaborate too much to me.
I’m not a fan of phone calls, would of much preferred if it was put in writing to them.
If the DWP received that information from her today, how long will it take for them to make a decision?

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.