× Members

Letter received from DWP re PIP review.

More
4 years 8 months ago #234996 by Loubylou
Replied by Loubylou on topic Letter received from DWP re PIP review.
Hi Gordon,

It’s dated the 01/07/2019, she had recently written it to help with my PIP MR, I had sent a copy to the ESA address but the HAAS don’t have it. That’s why i’m going to send it again and keep my fingers crossed.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 years 8 months ago #236114 by Loubylou
Hi Gordon,

I received the response to my MR for PIP in the post today, they haven’t changed a thing. The part of the letter stating “my decision” is littered with contradictions, looks like it was written by a 5 year old, and is blatantly clear that the further evidence or even details on my original MR have not been looked at. I am taking this to appeal. Do I need to write out my full response on appeal at this stage or just main bullet points telling them why I am appealing? I am aware of the time constrictions, and the date on their letter was the 12/08/2019 so I am already down a week to respond.

Also my home visit for ESA F2F was cancelled after I submitted further evidence. I only found this out the day before the appointment, as I called the assessment centre, I never received anything in writing. The assessment centre said, it’s been cancelled, we don’t need to see you and your documentation has been sent back to the DWP. What does this mean, as I have no correspondence from the assessment centre or the DWP?

More
4 years 8 months ago #236120 by BIS
Replied by BIS on topic Letter received from DWP re PIP review.
Hi Loubylou

You don't have to write out your full response at this stage if you're not ready, bullet points will suffice, but make clear in your letter (or on the form online) that you will be sending in more details.

With regards to your ESA, it sounds as if they are saying they have done a paper-based review which is why they sent the paperwork back to the DWP, but you will need to ring the DWP to clarify if this is the case.

BIS

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: Loubylou

More
4 years 7 months ago #236794 by Loubylou
Hi BIS,

Got some good news today, after sending my further medical info for ESA they have put me in the support group without a F2F, I’m so glad, dealing with both PIP and ESA at the same time it’s so stressful.

On the back of this could I use this at my pip appeal (I know it’s a completely different benefit) and I still need to request the assessors report as I don’t know how long they have granted it for.

Another question I have, I was awarded pip standard mobility on my first review, my circumstances haven’t changed since I first applied in 2016, should my award be being looked at as part of the new legislation under mental health? My circumstances haven’t changed, why would they award it now but not then? I’m confused? Any guidance would be gratefully appreciated, I need to finish my appeal this week. Kind regards.

More
4 years 7 months ago #236796 by BIS
Replied by BIS on topic Letter received from DWP re PIP review.
Hi LoubyLou

Congratulations on your ESA result. That's good news. Yes, you can use it for PIP, but you need to make the relevance clear when you include it.

The DWP are still going through the list of people they are looking at in respect of mental health and if yours is one of them you will receive a letter from them. There is no current timescale for this being completed.

BIS

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: Loubylou

More
4 years 7 months ago #237452 by Loubylou
Hi Bis, I requested the assessment report for my ESA although it was a good outcome, just to have it and also see how they came to a decision. I was placed back in the support group, however I noticed she wrote ( it was a nurse) that she didn’t have access to my review form and did not have access to previous HP report so she was unsure of the severity of my condition. Why would she not have access to this information? My other question is, this report was received after I had to lodge my pip appeal, her report was simple, stated based on the medical evidence, to be placed into the support group and not fit for work, so this was purely based on my CPN’s letter. The pip assessors had this info and made a nightmare of it. My ESA review from point of them making an assessment took 6 weeks in total. My PIP review has been going on since December 2018. It was an alleged mental health nurse that was responsible for my pip review, makes it even more worrying that a “standard nurse” knows more than a mental health one! Should I now send this to be part of my appeal? Also my CPN had stated in her letter that she was referring me to occupational health and re-referring me to psychology ie CBT, both these engagements have happened in the meantime, should I forward this info also? Many thanks .

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.