× Members

Letter received from DWP re PIP review.

More
4 years 10 months ago #231983 by angelcake
Replied by angelcake on topic Letter received from DWP re PIP review.
Hi Loubylou,

Good luck with your MR. Hope you don't mind me asking but how did you go about writing briefly your point for the descriptors? No idea where to start as so much information! but want to make it brief but make sure I've covered it. I'm too going to be making a complaint about my assessment but I'm having to finish my MR as deadline looming. I've had help from a welfare officer I'm having to rewrite descriptor as she selected the wrong option and I think I can argue that my needs are greater and shes on leave till the day I have to post it

thanks
Angelcake

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 years 10 months ago #232270 by Loubylou
Replied by Loubylou on topic Letter received from DWP re PIP review.
Hi Gordon,
I have submitted my MR, however, in between times my referral to a Doctor in Psychiatry had came through and I have had a consultation with her, meds have been increased as a result, again. Do I contact the DWP with this information to put alongside my MR?

Kind regards.

More
4 years 10 months ago #232271 by Loubylou
Hi Angelcake,

I looked closely at the assessment report to see where I think they hadn’t awarded points and cross referenced this with the content on my review form and used the guides on here for each descriptor and why I think their choice was wrong and the reason being. I tried to keep it short and to the point, and tried to keep emotion out of it.

I wouldn’t focus much energy on the complaint to the assessors, I have had two responses to two complaints and they are a lot of waffle, do not answer any of the points they have raised, and are completely pointless.

Focus on your MR, you can write a complaint to the assessors at anytime as I don’t believe there is a deadline for doing so, however the important deadline is your MR.

Good luck and sorry I can’t be of more help, but totally understand what you are going through.

Take care.

More
4 years 10 months ago #232282 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Letter received from DWP re PIP review.

Loubylou wrote: Hi Gordon,
I have submitted my MR, however, in between times my referral to a Doctor in Psychiatry had came through and I have had a consultation with her, meds have been increased as a result, again. Do I contact the DWP with this information to put alongside my MR?

Kind regards.

Yes, send the information to the DWP, same address as your MR with a covering letter.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: Loubylou

More
4 years 10 months ago #232407 by Loubylou
Hi Gordon,

Thank you for your response, always appreciated.

I have sent the details of the doctor and increased meds to DWP to be added to my MR. Spoke to my CPN on the phone today and she has agreed to write a letter of support following my response to IAS complaint. IAS phoned her,her words were changed from support to prompt.
IAS client relation manager response was... “IAS teaches HP’s to identify any functional restrictions caused by the diagnosed conditions during a telephone call. Unfortunately I was not present to listen to the telephone call and therefore I am unable to comment on what was or was not said so I can not reconcile these points”.

Why phone a clients HP? If it was in writing they couldn’t make these claims. It would be there in ink. Why would she be there to hear a telephone call unless she was shadowing/ training someone? You are told that all their calls are recorded, so why can’t they pull the call?

Can you offer any input where to go with this next, my CPN is writing a letter which won’t be available til the 21/06/2019. I will submit this with my MR, however I don’t think I can drop the maltreatment from IAS, their response was nothing short of shocking. They are responsible for forwarding reports, if they are incorrect to start with, then what hope has the DM got never mind the claimant.

Kind regards.

More
4 years 10 months ago #232443 by Gary
Replied by Gary on topic Letter received from DWP re PIP review.
Hi Lou
If you have additional supporting documents then send copies to DWP same address as you sent the MR, remember to get proof of posting from the Post Office when ever you send anything to the DWP or recorded delivery if you can afford it.

In regards to complaints, go on the Government website: www.gov.uk/government/organisations/depa...complaints-procedure which will explain the procedure.

Personal Independence Payment (PIP)
Telephone: 0800 121 4433
Textphone: 0800 121 4493
NGT text relay (if you cannot hear or speak on the phone): 18001 then 0800 121 4433
Monday to Friday, 8am to 6pm

If you have a complaint about the Department for Work and Pensions itself, write to:

DWP Complaints
Post Handling Site B
Wolverhampton
WV99 2GY

Gary

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: Loubylou

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.