× Members

Letter received from DWP re PIP review.

More
4 years 11 months ago #229842 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Letter received from DWP re PIP review.
Loubylou

It won't be the DWP, the call will have been made by the Assessment Provider for your postcode.

Their first decision is whether the can do a Paper Based Review or not, if they can then maybe a week for a report to be written and sent to the DWP and then it could be anything up to ten weeks to hear about a Decision.

If they decide they can't do a PBR then maybe a week to hear about a face to face for a week or two later.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 years 11 months ago #229851 by Loubylou
Replied by Loubylou on topic Letter received from DWP re PIP review.
Thank you Gordon, keeping everything crossed that they can do a PBR.

More
4 years 11 months ago #229866 by Loubylou
Hi Gordon,

Received a text this morning at 8am from DWP stating “ We’ve received the written report of your PIP assessment. We will write to you once we’ve made a decision on your PIP”.
That was quick?
Can I request a copy of the report now, or do I need to wait until the decision is made?

More
4 years 11 months ago #229890 by Gordon
Loubylou

Yes, contact the office dealing with your claim.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
4 years 11 months ago #230177 by Loubylou
Hi Gordon,
I received a copy of the HP report today. It looks like I have 11 points for DL and 10 points for Mobility.
My psychaiatric nurse done a great job in describing my illness and how it affects me, however they have went against what she has told them on three descriptors which would have awarded the points for enhanced on both. I was just looking for some clarification as I shall be going down the M.R. route yet again.

Q2 Taking nutrition, they have scored me zero, stating that I do not have a cognitive impairment, (correct) and I do not have a diagnosed physical condition that would restrict my ability. (That’s incorrect) mental conditions cause physical conditions and vice versa.
My psychiatrist nurse told them that I can only eat restricted diet ie soup, under the supervision of another person, and even under supervision takes longer than necessary to complete the task.
This is on the report.

Q9 Engaging with others face to face.
The HP has only awarded 2 points (needs prompting) when on my report states that my psychiatric nurse has stated “only attends outpatient appointments with support (mother/sister) and during this time the extreme levels of anxiety have been evident.
Should descriptor c) needs social support to be able to engage with other people not apply?

Q12 Planning and following journeys.
The HP has applied descriptor e) cannot take any journey because it would cause overwhelming psychological distress.
It is on the report that my psychiatric nurse stated “ unable to leave house on majority of days due to severe anxiety, she can only go out with support from mum or sister when absolute necessary, she attends outpatient appointments with support.

Should descriptor f) have been used as I cannot follow the route of a familiar journey (outpatient appoint) without another person?

If descriptor e) was used correctly I wouldn’t be able to attend above appointments.

Can you give me any advice please.

Kind regards,
Loubylou

More
4 years 11 months ago #230189 by Gordon
Loubylou

Q2 - The obvious question is why you need supervision? The nutritional value of the food is not considered for this activity, it would come under Preparing Food.

Q9 - There is a legal definition for Social Support, see the guide, you would need to explain how your mother/sister actually provide this.

Q11 - If you can't leave the house on your own then (e) is the appropriate Descriptor. You have said that you attend hospital appointments with your mother/sister.

Gordon

The following user(s) said Thank You: Loubylou

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.