× Members

Letter received from DWP re PIP review.

More
4 years 11 months ago #231015 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Letter received from DWP re PIP review.
Loubylou

Your complaint to IAS is completely separate from the Decision making process but even if it wasn't the timescales for an MR are laid down in law. You can, however, make a Late request for an MR citing the complaint process as a reason for the delay but you then risk the possibility of the DWP not accepting your reasons, although this would be unusual.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: Loubylou

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 years 11 months ago #231139 by Loubylou
Replied by Loubylou on topic Letter received from DWP re PIP review.
Hi Gordon,

I’ve had a look but can’t seem to find the info i’m Looking for, what is an AR1?

Many thanks

More
4 years 11 months ago #231140 by Gordon
Loubylou

An AR1 is the assessment Review form, basically it's a short version of the PIP2, you would have completed it when your award came up for review.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
4 years 10 months ago #231628 by Loubylou
Thanks Gordon,

With all the abbreviations and different forms, I was getting myself in a muddle.

I am still in the process of writing my MR, it has to be submitted by the 13/06.

If I could please ask for some more advice I would be grateful.

I had submitted two complaints to IAS, regarding the HP’s involved in my review.
I received a response from the first complaint this morning ( this HP did not read my AR1 at all instead referred to my original pip application from 2016, thus contacting a CBT who is no longer a part of my care).

It states “ with regards to the HP contacting the wrong medical professional involved in your care; the HP’s manager has advised that the HP did not follow the correct process when completing a review of your case. The HP should have made contact with your GP, the details which you had given on your review form, either by phone or in writing. I can only apologise that the correct process was not followed”.

She then waffles on and states it was the DWP fault that my CPN details weren’t passed to them, this is a lie, and I have proof it was on their systems since the 07/03, I even called to double check.

I just wish to know, would this be useful in my MR given the fact they have admitted fault?

Also in between times I have been referred to a Psychiatric Doctor by my CPN and have an appointment on the 10/06. Is this something I should include in my MR?

My final question is, why are the assessors using old forms as to review forms and new medical information to come to a conclusion? Peoples conditions change, is that not the whole point of a review?
It is evident that not one but two HP’s have based their report on a incorrect assessors report from 2016 which was overturned at MR stage, how is that possible?

Any help you can give will be gratefully appreciated.
Many thanks.

More
4 years 10 months ago #231682 by Gordon
Loubylou

Stick to issues that lead to your scoring points, so can you see how contacting the wrong person helps you do this? It may be that as a catalogue of problems but if not then consider whether you are diluting the message you are sending to the DM with information that will not help you.

The whole purpose of the AR1 form is for it to be reviewed in conjunction with the previous PIP2 form.

Gordon

More
4 years 10 months ago #231928 by Loubylou
Hi Gordon,
Thank you for your response. Means a lot .

I stuck to the main 4 descriptors they had scored me under,

Made my point briefly on each one.

Added a short paragraph at the end that IAS had already messed up and that they said that they did. Sent them a copy of the letter.

My CPN is so unhelpful, doesn’t understand the way the DWP works, spoke to her on the phone as she wished to change my appointments. Asked her to write a letter so I could include it in my MR , she responded with “well I told them support so just tell them that” .

So I have to argue over a 3rd party telephone call, that I wasn’t party too,

This is the state of mental health care in Scotland, it is shocking.

Sent MR anyway, shall see how it goes.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.