× Members

Letter received from DWP re PIP review.

More
4 years 5 months ago #240374 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Letter received from DWP re PIP review.
Loubylou

First thing, you must not contact the DWP about your appeal, you must only communicate via the Tribunal Service otherwise you risk the panel having different information from yourself which could easily lead to your hearing being adjourned while all of the documents are recirculated.

As to the new documents from the DWP, check with the TS whether this is replacing the original information or adding to it? Depending on the response you can then comment.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: Loubylou

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 years 5 months ago #241082 by Loubylou
Replied by Loubylou on topic Letter received from DWP re PIP review.
Hi Gordon, sorry couldn’t write back sooner ( was met by keanu) or whatever it was, unable to post back!

Well my paper based hearing was supposed to be Monday 25/01/2019, phoned today after hearing nothing, I was told it has been postponed til 05/12/2020, is this because I gave them the heads up on their mistakes? They sent me a new “rectified” bundle.

More
4 years 5 months ago #241097 by Gordon
Loubylou

It could be, I'm surprised that the Tribunal Service could not tell you the reason.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
4 years 5 months ago #241117 by Loubylou
Hiya Gordon,

They only said “new information” received on the 13/11/2019, I know that wasn’t anything from my side. Should they not inform you of this? I’ve been waiting on an outcome and only finding out it’s been postponed because I contacted them.

Kind regards

More
4 years 5 months ago #241129 by Gordon
Loubylou

If there is new information then the TS will send you a copy. They don't normally tell claimants when a Paper hearing will be heard, I suspect you only know because you contacted them.

Gordon

The following user(s) said Thank You: Loubylou

More
4 years 4 months ago #241723 by Loubylou
Hi Gordon,
Hope you are well.
I received my letter from the tribunal today and I am a bit confused. Would appreciate your help again.

Letter states:
1) This appeal is allowed.
2) The decision made by the Secretary of State on the 14/05/2019 is set aside.
3) Miss X is entitled to the daily living component at the enhanced rate from 14/12/2018 to 28/042021.

What does this set aside mean, the DWP put large emphasis on (in their submission) if the tribunal should decide in my favour it should only be from the 14/05/2019, and they should explain their decision? While I am glad that this looks like part of my appeal has went in my favour, this worries me greatly. Any advice would be gratefully appreciated.

Kind regards,

Loubylou

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.