× Members

PIP Text Message

More
4 years 5 months ago #241420 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic PIP Text Message
Cruella

You can report a Change of Circumstances but you need to be aware that doing so will result in a full reassessment of your claim, a new PIP2 and almost certainly a face to face assessment, the new Decision which will result will supersede your current award whatever the result might be.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 years 5 months ago #241421 by Perdita
Replied by Perdita on topic PIP Text Message
I have always had paper based assessments - do you think with a report of change of circumstances ie condition worsening there is an increased chance of being forced to have a face to face rather than paper based assessment?

More
4 years 5 months ago #241422 by Gordon

Cruella wrote: When my son finishes uni and lives here with me, and I lose SDP, I know it is not your area particularly, but maybe he could claim Carer's Allowance for me? I know this limits work income, but he may not be working as such straight from Uni. Am I right that you cannot claim UC/Jobseeker's if claiming Carer's Allowance?
Trying to work out whether can afford to not do MR now

He can claim CA providing he is able to provide a minimum of 35 hours of care a week and he is not studying for more than 21 hours a week or in full-time education and he cannot earn more than £123/week, see

www.gov.uk/carers-allowance/eligibility

He can't make a new claim for JSA, there is nothing stopping him making a claim for UC.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: Perdita

More
4 years 5 months ago #241424 by Gordon

Cruella wrote: I have always had paper based assessments - do you think with a report of change of circumstances ie condition worsening there is an increased chance of being forced to have a face to face rather than paper based assessment?

Yes, it is much more likely.

Gordon

More
4 years 5 months ago #241439 by Perdita
Replied by Perdita on topic PIP Text Message
Oh no!
Re mixing with others/face to face engagement, I believe I described that really well on my form,I described how I needed social support, I went into great detail of how I am . my consultant's letter that they (almost definitely) overlooked said - ' contamination fear so great that have not seen friends and some family members for years, plus gets extremely distressed with strangers and has to keep contact when absolutely necessary to a bare minimum' Do you think, in your opinion, that is strong enough for the 4 point social support (if they had looked at the letter)?

More
4 years 5 months ago #241449 by Gordon
Cruella

Forgive me but we have covered this subject at least twice before!

Your description of your problems at best implies a limited need for Social Support, you have mentioned that your son can help but even then the help he can provide appears to be limited as you still have your phobias.

But all of this is moot if you do think yourself well enough to challenge the Decision.

Gordon

The following user(s) said Thank You: Perdita

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.