× Members

PIP Text Message

More
4 years 5 months ago #241341 by Perdita
Replied by Perdita on topic PIP Text Message
So sorry for keep doubling up, newish computer - keep refreshing and thinking my questions not submitted, maybe i am losing the plot!
The task of a proper explanation that was requested the 20th that was still outstanding on friday now has completed by it but I never did not get the call back, and the task apparently was a bit misleading as in one CM thought initially it was an MR request but then realised it wasn't. So I hope they haven't completed an MR and that isn't the reason it is no longer outstanding as a task! Nothing would surprise me.
I need to check, if I give up and accept my award, i need to think whether I will manage in future financially. Next year I will lose the SDP because I will no longer be living alone, and then soon after that there will be an ESA review. So would I be put onto UC at the Review and if still in the support group would I have the legacy benefit of the
enhanced disability premium?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 years 5 months ago #241343 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic PIP Text Message
Cruella

Nothing in your post suggests that you will be moved to UC, you would need to have to make a new claim for one of the benefits that come under the UC umbrella, such as Housing Benefit.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: Perdita

More
4 years 5 months ago #241388 by Perdita
Are they really strict on late MR requests, I am thinking if I did one in the summer, then if I ended up with even fewer points as a result of the MR and consequently was forced to appeal, then at least by then my son would have finished uni and be around to support me with the appeal process.
I assume the above is not a good enough reason for a late MR request?

More
4 years 5 months ago #241393 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic PIP Text Message
Cruella

I think that they will argue that you could have sought advice elsewhere in the six months that you are proposing.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
4 years 5 months ago #241417 by Perdita
Thank you, could I try maybe in the summer to get PIP standard back up to enhanced applying again on a basis of condition worsening?( Well worsening in their eyes due to the lack of realising of my condition now) but likely genuinely worsened from my point of view with all the financial stress that will affect my mental health!

More
4 years 5 months ago #241418 by Perdita
When my son finishes uni and lives here with me, and I lose SDP, I know it is not your area particularly, but maybe he could claim Carer's Allowance for me? I know this limits work income, but he may not be working as such straight from Uni. Am I right that you cannot claim UC/Jobseeker's if claiming Carer's Allowance?
Trying to work out whether can afford to not do MR now

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.