× Members

PIP Text Message

More
4 years 5 months ago #241140 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic PIP Text Message

Cruella wrote: Is there anywhere specific at dwp where I can complain about late responses plus no responses to tasks that have been set up for dwp staff please?

Complaining to the DWP

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 years 5 months ago #241148 by Perdita
Replied by Perdita on topic PIP Text Message
I chased my call back, been waiting 8 days, the call centre transferred me to what she referred to as Case Manager/Worker. When put through I asked if he was a DM, if he made decisions, checked through PA3s etc to which he responded yes.
However when discussing preparing food, he referred to his information, and said that a simple meal could be frozen veg and ready meals and that I could do that, I said but I thought the veg had to be fresh, to which he replied frozen veg are fresh. So i said I thought you had to be able to chop and peel vegetables. He was not seeing it like me at all.
Anyway, am I going mad, or am I right?
I am losing faith in my challenging preparing food points now.

More
4 years 5 months ago #241157 by Gordon
Cruella

I think the person you spoke to is mistaken about what constitutes a simple meal prepared from fresh ingredients. A ready meal most certainly does not count and I would argue that neither do frozen vegetables, not least because they are already prepared, unless you can purchase whole frozen carrots, etc.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: Perdita

More
4 years 5 months ago #241158 by Perdita
I can't seem to get to speak to anybody at the DWP who is clued up enough to help.
I have also been told that you have to be unable to stand up in order to claim opd, surely not?

More
4 years 5 months ago #241165 by Gordon
Cruella

I'm not aware of any requirement for a claimant to be unable to stand if they suffer from OPD, however, there would certainly be an expectation that they would not be able to continue with the activity in question.

Gordon

The following user(s) said Thank You: Perdita

More
4 years 5 months ago #241168 by Perdita
If a DM was to agree to look over my claim because they agreed an evidence attachment had been overlooked by all involved in the process, ie treating it as a processing mistake rather than an MR, could my points be lowered just like they could with an MR?

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.