× Members

PIP Text Message

More
4 years 4 months ago #242286 by Perdita
Replied by Perdita on topic PIP Text Message
Would a late MR, if the DWP granted it and changed the award favourably, be backdated to the original Decision date as in a normal 'on time' MR would be

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 years 3 months ago #242305 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic PIP Text Message

Cruella wrote: Would a late MR, if the DWP granted it and changed the award favourably, be backdated to the original Decision date as in a normal 'on time' MR would be

Yes, it would be backdated.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gaddy

More
4 years 3 months ago #242349 by glammy35
Replied by glammy35 on topic PIP Text Message
Hello Cruella,
Did you request a paper based review? I forgot to ask my husbands consultant to make a request for this. I have included so much medical evidence including consultants letters saying how ill he is and outlining the seriousness of his illness but was wondering whether it might be worth just asking on a separate sheet if they would consider a paper based review because of how ill he is.

More
4 years 3 months ago #242361 by Perdita
Replied by Perdita on topic PIP Text Message
Hi Glammy35

Yes I did ask my consultant for a letter supporting a paper based assessment, which I sent with the PIP form and medical evidence. I believe if requesting a paper based assessment you need plenty of illness supporting evidence, you need to be confident that you have sent in sufficient medical evidence for an award if you push for a paper based assessment. Also I think I may have lost out on points because of certain tests that they could not do on me because they did not see me in person, so please also bear this in mind..
Plus the consultant needs to write how essential a paper based assessment is, and how the patient cannot cope with a home assessment or a trip to an assessment centre. The' cannot' wording is important - the consultant needs to avoid using the words such as 'prefer' or 'would find difficult'. The consultant needs to be categoric and firm.
The medical assessors seem reluctant to do paper based assessments, so if you want one, you need to throw everything at it.
Hope this helps.
Cruella

More
4 years 3 months ago #242402 by glammy35
Replied by glammy35 on topic PIP Text Message
Hi Cruella, thanks for getting back to me. I am genuinely angry at myself for forgetting to ask them to do this. They have written specific letters for the DWP to read in relation to how seriously ill my husband is but I just forgot. Oh well...it has been posted now because time is running out. We will just have to ride this hideous tidal wave and hope for the best. I will take it all the way to the courts if necessary but will just have to hope and pray common sense prevails.

More
4 years 3 months ago #242456 by mosala
Replied by mosala on topic PIP Text Message
Hi Cruella, My sub expires soon, so just a quickie to wish you all the best. x

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.