× Members

PIP Text Message

More
4 years 5 months ago #241654 by Perdita
Replied by Perdita on topic PIP Text Message
The mixing with others is a frustrating one, because I could not argue for the 8 point opd one really when I can engage fine face to face with my son.
However my shingles has improved a bit and I feel more like fighting today! I don't want to go through an appeal but concerned about managing financially from the summer when my son finishes university and lives with me thus me losing the SDP. He is thinking of studying a further degree from home with a full time distance learning course but a) you can't claim Carers Allowance if you are a full time student, (only as a part-time student) b) you cannot get uni student maintenance loans for distance learning degrees unless you have a disability that prevents you attending uni
So I keep thinking come the summer I may be even more upset by my standard daily living award, unless my son does a part-time degree, claims C/A and does a part-time job (up to the permitted amount).
Financially, we need him to continue studying away at Uni, but I need him here really.
So I am still angsting over whether I should do an MR, but without a really good reason for being late, I guess I have to act soon. I guess I only have days/a couple of weeks?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 years 5 months ago #241664 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic PIP Text Message
Cruella

A standard MR request needs to be received by the DWP no later than one month from the date of the Decision, however, you can make a Late request up to 13 months after the Decision providing you explain why the Decision is late and this is accepted by the DWP, a deterioration in your mental or physical state should be accepted as Goof Cause for the delay.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: Perdita

More
4 years 5 months ago #241678 by Becky
Replied by Becky on topic PIP Text Message
Forgive me, but what does your son wish to do?

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
4 years 4 months ago #242280 by Perdita
Hi Becky, he is not sure yet!

More
4 years 4 months ago #242281 by Perdita
Hi,
If you were to ask for an MR late, within the thirteen months, for example lets say six months late but felt you had good reason/cause for the lateness, but the DWP said no - can you appeal against the DWP saying no to the late MR request?

More
4 years 4 months ago #242283 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic PIP Text Message

Cruella wrote: Hi,
If you were to ask for an MR late, within the thirteen months, for example lets say six months late but felt you had good reason/cause for the lateness, but the DWP said no - can you appeal against the DWP saying no to the late MR request?

If the DWP refuse to carry out an MR due to it being Late then you can carry on to appeal.

Gordon

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.