× Members

PIP Text Message

More
4 years 5 months ago #240034 by Perdita
Replied by Perdita on topic PIP Text Message
Thank you, if further evidence sent, and medical assessor had to look again, say at the preparing food activity, if it was a different medical assessor could they change what the first assessor 'scored'/categorised me for the other activities?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 years 5 months ago #240044 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic PIP Text Message
Cruella

I would not expect another assessor to be involved, a more senior one might be asked to comment but this would still be unusual, Sending information that you are more limited than already assessed should not result in a reduction in the points already recommended.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: Perdita

More
4 years 5 months ago #240051 by Perdita
Regarding the letter I have already sent, - when I rang call centre to ask to note on my file I have written to DM and posted letter 4th Nov, the call handler said about putting down further /new evidence coming, but I said I didn't really think it was new evidence. Would my letter just sent saying that assessor had not referred to evidence in consultant's letter be classed as new evidence, i mean will my file be likely to go back to medical assessor - embarrassing when my letter is implying the assessor has missed things!

More
4 years 5 months ago #240052 by Gordon
Cruella

I think it depends on how you define "new", it's not new in the sense that it is about conditions that you have already been assessed against but it is new in that they have not seen it before.

Don't worry about the assessor, they are disconnected from the process, by this I mean that they don't know you, they may never assess you again, they don't know the DM and they get paid for producing the report as long as it meets the minimum standards for content. The bottom line is that they are not going to be bothered if they are asked to comment further.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
4 years 5 months ago #240125 by Perdita
Sorry to go on, but I keep angsting over this, dont know what to do. i explained how encouraging would not enable me to touch raw veg,meat on my Review form, my consultant wrote I could not touch them. Shouldn't this be sufficient for 4 points? (PR3 gives prompting 2 points equivalent) I am too anxious to pester my consultant for a further letter explaining why prompting would not work - my consultant has had to write five letters for me recently, and he will get really fed up with me if I ask for another letter, especially since he has already written that I cannot touch raw veg/meat or cook from scratch. He will lose patience with me i think if I ask for a further letter about the prompting being insufficient. He will also say we can always appeal and he will probably be unlikely to write an extra letter at this stage. The thing is it looks like I will get the mobility according to the PA3, so apart from the stress of appealing that I could not cope with, I could risk losing the mobilty if I wait for M/R Appeal stage. Last time the DM changed the assessors prompting to needing assistance/supervision. If this were to happen again all would be perfect with my award and I would not need to hassle my consultant for the'prompting letter'. However , I think I was lucky that the DM overruled the medical assessor last time. IT is quite rare isn't it for the DM change 'points' from the PR3. Would I be silly to hope the DM will do this again? Surely if the DM reads all the evidence and sees what my consultant has written (cannot touch raw veg/meat, cook from scratch), the DM would have to up it from prompting to assistance/supervision? Please, I know you cannot give categoric answers but can you give your opinion if possible?

More
4 years 5 months ago #240130 by Gordon
Cruella

I'm not a DM but it would seem to me that if you cannot touch raw meat and vegetables, even with suitable aids such as gloves, then you cannot reliably prepare the food for a meal and would require assistance to complete the activity.

Gordon

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.