× Members

PIP Text Message

More
4 years 5 months ago #239899 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic PIP Text Message

Cruella wrote: Hi Gordon, sorry if doubling up here, but I think maybe I did not submit my last post properly.
I received my PR3, still waiting on a Decision. Bit concerned because I think the medical assessor has overlooked, not seen a piece of evidence. On the evidence list it says psychiatrist letter rather than letters (there were two of them both same date but different). I numbered all the pages of my evidence submitted. Also there were no references in her report to the second psychiatrist letter at all, which is strange because that was full of evidence
The preparing food activity, I have been given prompting, my psychiatrist letter which I think the medical assessor has not seen, says all about my difficulties with this, how i cannot cook from scratch, touch raw veg, meat etc.
As it is with the medical assessors recommendations, I would be put down to standard daily living.
Should I contact the DWP and ask for a DM call back, or write a letter, about checking all my evidence ie both psychiatrists letters are on their system? To make sure they have all the pages
Should I point out specific bits if evidence from the second psychiatrist's letter that I think the medical assessor has not seen?
I don't know what to do. Not sure I can cope with going out to post a letter either
Should I act quickly and get a DM call back, or leave it alone
Or check with call centre enquiries that they have all my pages on the system?

You can ask for a callback but it would be very unusual for the DM to speak to the claimant before they have made a Decision, it's not that common after that!

A letter has the advantage of allowing you to format your thoughts in the way that you want.

Could you actually handle a call from a DM? If you go this route then create a list of bullet points of the issues and keep it with you or by the phone so you can refer to it if called.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 years 5 months ago - 4 years 5 months ago #239900 by Gordon

Cruella wrote: Sorry Gordon, what do you mean confirm that loathing?
Should I speak to DM or write please

You said you cannot touch raw meat and vegetables, I assumed that this is due to some form of loathing, either for the ingredients or the results of touching them, perhaps loathing is the wrong word but if you can try and come up with a one word description of the issue as it will make it easier for the DM to relate to it.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
Last edit: 4 years 5 months ago by Gordon.

More
4 years 5 months ago #239901 by Gordon

Cruella wrote: Both my consultant's letters had the same opening paragraph, assessor may have though one was a duplicate.

It's possible but I would take the position that they have ignored it as it puts you in a better position with the DM.

Gordon

More
4 years 5 months ago #239912 by Perdita
Replied by Perdita on topic PIP Text Message
I managed to get it sorted for a letter to go in the post , two copies because I had the original DWP address where the Review form went to, and another address on the DWP letter that came with the copy assessment report. Didnt know which to go for! I did'nt include the special housing bit or anything about the previous award. I decided best not to overload the letter, (hope that is what you would have advised). I kept it concise because mainly wanted to bring attention to the evidence in the psychiatrist's letter, and wanted to finish it quickly to improve chance of DM getting it before the Decision. Thank you for your guidance

More
4 years 5 months ago #239962 by Perdita
is it likely to take many days, even ten days like fit notes, for letters sent in to go through the DWP system and reach DM?
Should I speak to call centre to ask for note to be put on my file that I have sent a letter? would the DM see this note?
Or should I ask call centre to send message to DM that a letter is coming from me?
Or could this me poking the wasps nest? Could this nudging cause a DM to look at my case and make a decision before my letter gets there?

More
4 years 5 months ago #239977 by Perdita
How long does it take for a letter to go through the dwp system and reach a DM, is it like fit notes where it could take ten days?
Would call centre send a message to DM to say letter from me coming, would the DM wait for my letter to come before doing a Decision Award?
Or should I just get call centre to put note on system saying I have sent a letter, would DM see that or are there too many different screens?

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.