× Members

PIP Text Message

More
4 years 4 months ago #240134 by Perdita
Replied by Perdita on topic PIP Text Message
thank you, my consultant writes cannot even with gloves, I am going to leave it, and hope the DM picks it up properly, fingers crossed!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gordon

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 years 4 months ago #240418 by Perdita
Is it possible, or has it been known, for a DM to give a longer award than suggested by medical assessor please, (especially if the medical assessor has 'underscored' in the DM's eyes)?

More
4 years 4 months ago #240429 by BIS
Replied by BIS on topic PIP Text Message
Hi Cruella

I have only heard the DM once deciding to give a longer length award - than what had been recommended. - but these things are all decided on a case by case basis.

BIS

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
4 years 4 months ago #240474 by Perdita
Hi Gordon
Got my award today. They've given me 11 points for the daily living. The DM followed on from the medical assessor with the 2 points prompting for preparing food, which is why I have lost the enhanced/higher rate, I do not know whether my letter I sent on receipt of the medical assessment report pointing out the significant evidence missed by the medical assessor reached the DM in time. Or whether the DM looked at it. Or even whether the DM saw the note I asked the call centre to put on to look out for my letter But it still seems that both medical assessor and DM have missed the consultant's main letter. I spoke to a DM this afternoon who was encouraging me to do an MR, or go through the complaints system.
Bottom line is I don't know whether the evidence has been overlooked (there was only one consultant's letter listed at the front of the medical report, instead of two) or whether both assessor and DM saw it but did not refer to it throughout report, making references to GP info instead. I find it hard to believe that two people missed it.
Options
1) Do MR on basis that second consultant's letter has been overlooked
2)assume neither DM or assessor thought my consultant's evidence significant enough to score 4 points (ie the bit that i cannot touch raw veg/meat even with gloves, cannot cook from scratch etc)
3)go through the complaints procedure
4)give up,!!!! They have given me mobility and an MR might jeopardise that.

Is there anyway I can challenge the preparing food now without risking losing points I have scored for the other activities, also without risking them lowering the score on mobility

Does going through the complaints procedure ie assuming and pointing out my second consultant's letter has been overlooked, enable a decision to be overturned with no risks to other points scored?

More
4 years 4 months ago #240484 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic PIP Text Message
Cruella

There is no way that you can get the Decision revised without the risk of your losing point but you need to put this in context, it is actually quite rare for a claimant to lose points during an MR, we have not had a member report a problem with this for months.

Given how late your letter was I would assume that none of the consultant's letters have been looked at, the Decision Letter was probably produced about ten days ago and it could easily take a week for your letter to make its way through the DWP mail system.

So, I would consider an MR on this basis but only you can make the decision about how to go forward from here.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
4 years 4 months ago #240488 by Perdita
Really annoying that the task of sending out my medical assessment report was overlooked and this delay meaning I had less tine to get my 'warning letter' to the DM.
I am back to considering whether to hassle my consultant for categoric evidence that prompting is insufficient for the preparing food.
The preparing a meal it is definite that I cannot do it. I guess I have to somehow prove that prompting is insufficient .award
Out of interest the DM upped the award length by a year from the assessor's recommendation.
Do you think it would be silly to do the MR without further evidence from consultant saying prompting insufficient for me to touch raw veg etc?

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.