× Members

PIP Text Message

More
4 years 5 months ago #239978 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic PIP Text Message
Cruella

It can't do any harm if contact the DWP and say you have written to the DM.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 years 5 months ago #239983 by Perdita
Replied by Perdita on topic PIP Text Message
Thank you, there was another assessor mistake, where she said I was receiving no medication but still put me in an acceptable point category. I and my GP wrote about the medication. I should have probably included that in yesterday's letter but didn't think to because the assessor had put me in a category that should result with the right points. Hope that is okay to leave. The DM would have to go against the assessor recommendation, and also would have to miss the medication evidence too.

More
4 years 5 months ago #240024 by Perdita
I did wonder about asking my consultant to write additional letter saying prompting is not sufficient re preparing food (as assessor has advised on PR3).
Howvever, I am not sure I can ask for another letter from my consultant.
If I was to, and he did the additional letter, and I sent it to DWP, would this result in my whole case having to go back to the assessor because of it maybe being classed as new evidence?
Or is is accurate that brand new evidence cannot be sent in between assessor doing PA3 and DM making the Decision? (CAB said I could not give new evidence at this stage and have to wait until after Decision, mind you they also said I could not send the letter that I just have ie the one where I pointed out evidence not referred to with the preparing food)

More
4 years 5 months ago #240026 by Gordon
Cruella

There is no restriction on your sending new evidence but the DM is not medically trained and they send your report back to the assessor with the new letter for comment, this would not result in a new assessment being required.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
4 years 5 months ago #240030 by Perdita
Thank you, yes that is what I thought you would say, is there a risk that paperwork/files can go missing with too much tooing and froing?
Then the time delay I guess.
If put down to the lower daily living, does that impact ESA by about 16 pounds a week, ie losing a premium that was attached for the receiving the higher rate?
If end up appealing, then am I right in saying no PIP given at all during this time (once current award expired)?

More
4 years 5 months ago #240031 by Gordon
Cruella

No, I would not expect there to be any risk of the letter going missing.

It sounds as if you are talking about the Enhanced Disability Premium this is paid for having PIP Enhanced Daily Living or for being in the Support Group.

If you have an award of PIP then that award will be paid during any MR or appeal, if you do not receive any award then you would not receive anything during the MR or appeal.

Gordon

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.